Tuesday, July 10, 2012

JUST ANOTHER STOP IN MY LIFE

"A good painting to me has always been like a friend. It keeps me company, comforts, and inspires." -Hady Lamarr-

The big Annual Award. Calling All Young Artists for the Malaysia Top 10 Outstanding Young Artist Award 2012. Participate in the art competition in conjunction with the release of Disney-Pixar’s Brave. Had ended.

YES! ENDED!

A month of work, from scratch until the day of the competition. & killed another forest.

First it was getting through the qualification challenge, well it was easy but nervous at the same time. Brainstorming in class, managed to finish it before the due date. Still remember how dreadful I was when begging for the confirmation letter to arrive, waited & waited, waited & waited.... & finally, a letter in my mailbox, God blessed & woohoo! Got through the qualification challenge of designing "BRAVE", I was officially the shortlisted participant of the Young Artists Award. 


Putting aside the confirmation letter, time to kill trees! This year's topic for the On-The-Spot Competition, it's "Design Your Own Brave Local Hero" . My heart stopped pumping for a sec, the next sec I jumped ten meters high, rolled on my bed, & screamed silent. Designing character? Am I super lucky or what!

The first thing I thought of was Li***ing, but then I go for originality instead, don't want them to call me a copycat now... plus I really don't wanna draw a local inspired L****ning. Brainstorming inspirations again, accumulated stress & missing love ones.
Mom, oh mummy! You are the best in the world! I love you so much! Planning, discussing, providing, arguing, helping, understanding, supporting, encouraging, pushing me till the max, gave me appropriate pressure, brainstorming with me, doesn't give up on me, & most importantly, believing in me. You were always by my side, helping me fight through barriers, hear my complains & wiping my tears.

1 July 2012. The Big Day.
Luckily I still can sleep the day before, flung over my Copic bag & off we go, we I meant: Papa & Mama.
On the way: Nervous, sweated hands, desperately searching similar age participants.
In the Waiting hall: Extremely shocked (600 participants!)

Yup. Waiting.
Taking my certificate of participation
 10 minutes before competition: Cursing, can't wait for competition to start

imagine a flood of 600 people
Competition: -

Everyone is a young artist.
 10 seconds before competition ends: Cursing at the tip of muah tongue
Competition ended: Toilet....

 I had never experienced these feelings before until that day.
Prize Presentation Ceremony: F-ing nervous, F-ing desperate, F-ing wanting to snatch the Gold Award & flee.
Announcing names: Nearly dead due to heart attack, reversed blood flow, drastic mood change, mental disorder, FATALITY. Don't call my name, don't call my name, don't call my name, maybe you can call my name, maybe you can call my name, don't call my name, maybe you can call my name, oh please God, come on, come on... OH.

It's my name, at that single second I have never heard of my name being announced so brightly, music to my ears. Mixture of trembling legs with ups & downs, went up the stage & put an end to this.

7 young artists!
Group shot~
Mom, this is for you~ <3
Mother & daughter <3
A shot with Tatsun Hoi & family
 Check it out !
Malaysia Top 10 Outstanding Young Artists Award 2012
http://www.top10.toa.edu.my/winner_list.html

Can you spot me?

No comments:

Post a Comment